Friday 7 August 2015

Day 28 Manchester KOA to Bodega Bay (71 miles) 5th August.

71 miles in heat. Killer. The saving grace was a return to the coast. There is something exhilarating about seeing the ocean while riding. It was never the plan to put in this many miles on this day but once the pedals started moving it was difficult to stop. I pulled into a few small towns on route one was Anchor Bay where I washed and dried all my clothes but not my credit card this time. A few of the hills where agony to ride up but extacy to ride down. The old butt was twitching as I was going over 30mph and keeping up with cars or passing RV'so. Speaking of RV's. For those that don't know they are basically a house on wheels. They are the type of vehicles rock bands use when on tour. The difference being that these are not Bon Jovi being driven on tour but grey geriatric men from Washington, Oregon or California taking their blinged up fake tanned wife's away. There is a game played by cyclists where you take the name of the RV and put the word ANAL in front. For example the RV is called The Titan, so Anal Titan or the Adventurer so Anal Adventurer. My favourite so far, and by the way this is an on going game, is The Anal Cruiser. Oh we are a sad bunch us cyclists. Tomorrow I will be one camp from San Francisco.

Music for today's ride.

Bon Jovi - Slippery when Wet.
Metallica - Black Album.

I dedicated this day to Angie, Titch, Dan and Natalia.

No comments:

Post a Comment