Sunday 23 August 2015

Day 45 Refugia Beach to Carpentiera 22st August. (27 miles)

What a difference to yesterday's ride. I will replace heat, dust, headwind and hills with hot (women), golden beach, restaurants and shops. A flat road meant I was stopping a decent 10 miles in to the journey after 45 minutes to sit down for a breakfast burrito. Oh man, I didn't feel like eating again till 7pm. It that was what the Friday sandwiches at work taste like and we're as big as then I would have been over the cafe in Darlaston at the crack of dawn every week back home.
Santa Barbara is a cool town. Not to big and busy but just right. It was nice to replace the pines of Oregon and the cacti of the recent part of California with the palm trees of the southern area. The beach is beautiful with 30 full size volleyball pitches at one end. There is an amazing harbour and a stunning park. The bike lanes are a decent size with good signs showing the full route and cycle path name. I think Santa Barbara is a bit of me, I could fit in just nice here.

Footnote: it is 2am and a fecking train has just gone past the campsite. In case we didn't realise it was a train and if we didn't hear it's rolling wheels and heavy carriages it decided to blast it's horn over and over........train 1 - whole campsite now awake 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment