Monday 24 August 2015

Day 46 Carpentiera to Leo Carillo Beach 23rd August. (48 miles)

Carpentiera is a nice town. Clean streets, good signs, excellent bike paths and nice restaurants.
The campsite was decent apart from the train in the night and the arrival of a new camper around 3am. To be honest I thought it was 2 campers as I was hearing a conversation going with to different voices. When I awoke I only saw 1 tent that wasn't set up before I went to bed so I thought they must be sharing. When the owner of the tent woke up and emerged he finished his conversation with himself, packed up and left.
2 flat tyres put a dampener on the ride as the road and scenery had been good. That makes 5 in total on this trip. Although I still have the same inner tube.
I had my first brush with the law today when I had taken a wrong turn onto the freeway. He wasn't happy but I survived.
One more day (officially) and I will have finished what I set out to do. Ride from Astoria, Oregon to Los Angeles, California. I say officially as I may do some more riding but that wasn't what I had set myself at the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment